Location: Boston, USA (Hybrid)
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
The Sales Account Manager will manage the business/sales relationship with accounts in the Eastern region of North America, focusing on maintaining existing revenue streams while identifying growth opportunities for ACD/Labs. The candidate will be responsible for creating business plans, sales strategies, and identifying resources required to meet revenue goals. They will also be required to proactively meet with customers, qualify potential opportunities, and manage the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely manner.
- Prepare business plans for the territory. Plan should include an opportunity map, estimates of current and future levels of spending on products and services, sales strategies, tactics and resource requirements.
- Understand the strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively.
- Proactively meet with customers throughout the territory on a regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Conduct quarterly account reviews and update the account plans on a regular basis to reflect progress and market changes.
- Understand business goals and evaluate and prioritize opportunities accordingly.
- Establish initial contacts at an executive level with potential customers, and build alignment with the right people in the political structure.
- Qualify potential opportunities early in the sales cycle and manage the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely manner and revenue expectations are met.
- Provide realistic sales forecasts to management and communicate any significant changes or developments.
- Participate in regional meetings to share best practice, review performance against targets, and conduct informal training.
- Establish executive level presence in key accounts, and fully understand business issues and drivers.
- Maintain and update a list of prospects within a centralized CRM system.
- Communicates with Product Management and Development to provide field (customer) input on product features and feature prioritization requirements during product operational review meetings
- Other duties as required
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry/Biochemistry, Biology, Life Sciences, or IT-related field.
- 2-4 years of direct, outside sales experience, in the life science market
- Sufficient technical and business knowledge to present a value proposition to prospects and customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required for this Position:
- Account Planning
- Customer Management
- Managing & Forecasting Sales Pipeline
- Leveraging Internal Resources
- Negotiating and Closing Sales.
If you are a self-starter with a passion for sales and a desire to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment, we encourage you to submit your resume for this position. We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals.