We are seeking an Inside Sales Account Manager to join our sales team and support us in the early stages of the sales process. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing upsell programs targeting both existing and potentially new customers and closing orders for desktop products. In addition, the Inside Sales Account Manager will also provide support for the field sales organization at trade shows and other customer events.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with prospects and existing customers
- Achieve targets assigned to the Territory by the Manager by selling Company’s software pertaining to NMR, MS, Chromatography, UV-IR, Curve, PhysChem, ADME-Tox, Nomenclature, Drawing, and Databasing
- Apply the Company’s sales process and strategies to drive sales
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the Company’s core solutions, products, and services, and have the ability to perform basic product demonstrations and present the value of offerings to prospects and customers
- Utilize telephone and e-mail skills to prospect leads obtained through trade shows, the Company website, word of mouth, and the Company database
- Collaborate with assigned Application Scientist for detailed discussions and product demonstrations
- Interact with the Company’s Solution Managers to provide market feedback for future product development and assist in advancing sales opportunities
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Company database, and use it to seek out new leads, record interactions with prospects, and create price quotations
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Degrees in Chemistry, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, or related fields are required
- Knowledge of spectroscopy (NMR, IR, MS), chromatography (LC, GC), physical chemistry, and/or biochemistry is highly desirable.
- At least 2 years of experience in inside sales, preferably in the life science or scientific software industry
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent people skills
- An ability and willingness to learn.
- Passion, energy, and analytical thinking
- Experience using CRM tools and databases, such as InforCRM.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Willingness to travel for trade shows and other events.
If you are a self-starter with a passion for sales and a desire to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment, we encourage you to submit your resume for this position. We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals.