A Technical Support Specialist will work within the ACD/Labs Technical and Scientific Services Team to support existing customers with the focus on software licensing, installation and troubleshooting of Enterprise and Web-based products.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the company’s existing and planned products and services associated with Enterprise Products, server applications, web applications, licensing mechanisms, and databases.
- Develop an in-depth expertise of the ACD/Labs’ core software products and can effectively troubleshoot issues with accurate and timely responses.
- Clearly communicate software capabilities to various clients through documentation or by conducting basic online training sessions.
- Assist with software upgrades and installations in both local and enterprise environments.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with other ACD/Labs’ teams, including Sales, Software Development, and Application Scientists.
Education: The ideal candidate will have a B.Sc. degree, or higher, in Computational Chemistry or in a similar area.
- Detailed understanding of Windows Server administration, configuration, and networking
- Detailed understanding of deploying and troubleshooting software on Windows in a virtualized environment
- Detailed understanding at configuring and using Active Directory
- Bonus skills:
- Oracle installation and configuration
- Citrix experience
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Knowledge of Cheminformatics workflows
- Experience with Tomcat
Experience: Experience with different chemistry software packages, Microsoft Office, and multiple operating systems is desirable. Basic knowledge of Oracle or PostgreSQL would be an asset.
Language: Ability to communicate complex ideas (in verbal and written format) in fluent English.
An ideal candidate will be able to work well within a team, excel at problem solving, have an eye for detail, be self‐motivated, and be willing to learn and demonstrate new features of an evolving suite of chemistry software packages.