When compared with other naming software…the quality of names generated from ACD/Name is second-to-none.
G. Eller, Molecules, 11:915–928, 2006
Generate chemical nomenclature from structure.
ACD/Name generates chemical names according to IUPAC and CAS Index rules, converts names back to structures, and can
easily handle challenging areas of nomenclature, such as biological molecules, organometallics, and polymers. Derivative
rule reports and links back to the relevant nomenclature recommendations permit a greater insight and understanding of the
nomenclature process and the name generated.
- Generate systematic chemical names for chemical structures in accordance with IUPAC and CAS Index rules
- Generate chemical structures from systematic and non-systematic names
- Generate InChI and SMILES strings
- Obtain Derivative Rules Reports and view IUPAC recommendations for each name
- Generate single names or batches for libraries
- Generate names in English, French, and German
- Add the capability to generate names in 7 additional languages (Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish) with the ACD/Name Multilingual Add-on
Full List of Features
- Reliable and accurate to ensure high quality names for publications, presentations, and patenting
- Quickly generate names for a single compound in a matter of seconds
- Gain a deeper understanding into how nomenclature is derived for your compounds
Related Products and Services
ACD/Name Batch and ACD/Name to Structure Batch
Need to name more than just a few structures? ACD/Name Batch and ACD/Name to Structure Batch are automated
versions that let you generate accurate chemical names or structures for entire libraries of compounds at once, quickly and
accurately. Specify naming preferences, report preferences and enable warning reports to meet your requirements.
ACD/Name Chemist Version
ACD/Name Chemist Version offers a standardized set of features for quick and simple generation of IUPAC names,
and structures from names, without advanced functionality, language options, and rule derivations required by nomenclature
ACD/Labs Chemical Nomenclature Service
Interested in Other Languages?
Add the capability to generate names in 7 additional languages with the ACD/Name
Multilingual Add-on. The add-on gives accurate IUPAC nomenclature in the following languages:
This multi-lingual add-on is available for ACD/Name desktop and batch.