- You can now generate chemical names in three additional languages: Estonian, Latvian, and Lithuanian. These languages are also available in Name Batch.
- You can now export SDFiles with Unicode special characters. This allows you to store chemical names that use special characters.
- Name Batch now includes an additional option to output generated names in text formats. You can now output generated names in .sdf and .txt format, either in simple text or UTF-8 encoding.
Enhancements to IUPAC Name Generation
- We have introduced several improvements in name generation in accordance with IUPAC recommendations. These include:
- Amido substituents
- Indication of stereochemistry for ylidene substituents in carbohydrates
- Better recognition of atropisomers
Name also include ChemSketch. We’ve improved features for this as well:
CAS SciFindern Integration
- You can now search chemical structures and reactions in CAS SciFindern directly from the ChemSketch interface. You can search the CAS Registry® for substances and reactions including suppliers, literature references, and patents. (A valid SciFindern account is required.)
Import and Export
- We have improved the image quality of chemical structures inserted into Microsoft PowerPoint
- Exported structures containing Sn(2+) and Pb(2+) cations are now correctly recognized by external software tools
- Spectra reports are now correctly inserted in Microsoft Word documents
- Reactions with atom labels are correctly recognized and updated in structure databases
General and Usability
- Several interface improvements including additional help topics, and indication of colors with RGB codes
- We have improved the import, export and pasting from clipboard of chemical structures for ChemDraw, BIOVIA and Marvin Sketch