Draw Molecular Structures and Communicate Scientific Ideas
ACD/ChemSketch is a molecular structure drawing application with all the reporting features you need. ChemSketch is used by millions of scientists worldwide.
ChemSketch also calculates a variety of molecular descriptors and will generate IUPAC names for small molecules.
- Draw chemical structures
- Calculate molecular descriptors
- Generate IUPAC names
- Create professional reports
Advanced Structure Drawing Software
Easy to Use
Comprehensive Structure Editor
High Quality Output
- 1 Draw a molecule with C-C bonds by clicking and dragging in the Structure window.
- 2 Edit bonds or atoms with convenient tools, then clean your structure or rotate to see different views.
- 3 Calculate properties, generate the IUPAC name, or further draw additional structures to create a chemical reaction for your report or publication.
ChemSketch has been downloaded by >2 million users worldwide.
“I find the ACD/ChemSketch software to be very intuitive. Furthermore, it appears to seamlessly integrate with other Microsoft Office programs, such as Word.”
“This software has all the features that a chemist can dream of to write papers and reports.”
“This software is incredible for quickly drawing and naming structures, I use it to help students to understand the IUPAC naming structures needed for A Level Chemistry and for designing the worksheets that test them on their knowledge.”
Features of ChemSketch
- Draw molecular structures such as organic molecules, organometallics, biomolecules, polymers, 2D and 3D structure representations, delocalized Markush structures, peptide sequences
- Edit structures to customize the chemical bond type, stereo configuration, atom type and charge, radical label, atom numbering, and more
- Easily draw reactions and complex chemical schema (including biotransformation maps)
- Label reaction arrows with specific experimental conditions
- Associate atoms in reactant to product schemes with atom-atom mapping
- Insert pre-drawn templates of amino acids, aromatics, carbohydrates, steroids, sugars, and more
- Use graphical templates to insert objects including molecular orbitals, Lewis structures, Newman projections, laboratory equipment, and more
- Generate structures from InChI or SMILES strings, or copy/paste from ChemDraw
- Search the Dictionary of >170,000 systematic, trivial, and trade names
- Generate suggested tautomeric forms of your drawn structure
- Generate all possible structures for a given Markush representation
- Produce an optimized 3D model of your 2D structure
- Import and export structure files in a variety of standard file formats.
Review the list of supported formats
- Create comprehensive reports
- Embed structures, schema, and other chemical information directly into Microsoft Word and PowerPoint documents, or any OLE-supported application
- Produce publication-ready figures for popular journals, e.g., ACS, RSC, Helvetica, and more
- Name molecular structures according to IUPAC rules *
* Generation of IUPAC names in ACD/ChemSketch is limited to structures with up to 50 atoms (restricted to H, C, N, P, O, S, F, Cl, Br, I, Li, Na, and K), 3 cycles, and 100 characters. For expanded chemical structure naming capabilities see ACD/Name.
- Predict a variety of molecular properties from structure including:
- Molecular weight
- Formula weight
- Percentage composition
- Molar refractivity
- Refractive index
- Molar volume
- Structural formula
- Surface tension
- Calculate quantities for chemical reactions and solutions
- Search files by chemical structure in ACD/Labs, FASTA, HELM, ChemDraw, BIOVIA, Adobe, and Microsoft® Word, Excel, and PowerPoint file formats
- Search for structures in EPA iCSS, PubChem, and eMolecules databases
A Complete Software Package for Drawing Chemical Structures
All prices in USD. Exchange rate fluctuations may occur. If you prefer to purchase in your local currency, please contact us for a quote.
Register with an academic email address to see discounted prices or contact us to discuss your eligibility.
- Software License (1 year maintenance included) – $799.00
- Software License (2 years maintenance included) – $909.00
- Software License (3 years maintenance included) – $999.00
- Subscription License (Maintenance included, billed annually until cancelled) – $320.00
- 30 Day Free Trial – $0.00
Learn More about ChemSketch
Supported File Formats
|Vendor or File Format||Data Format||Comments|
|ChemAxon Marvin Sketch||*.mrv||Input only|
|Dassault Systèmes BIOVIA Draw||*.skc||Formerly ISIS Sketch, MDL Draw, Symyx Draw, and Accelrys Draw|
|PerkinElmer ChemDraw||*.cdx, *cdxml, *.chm|
|Adobe Acrobat||Output only|
|Chemical Structures and Reactions|
|Chemical Markup Language||*.cml||Output only|
|FASTA formats||*.fasta and other||Peptide sequences|
|InChIKey||Text string||Output only|
|Pistoia Alliance HELM||*.helm, *.xhelm||Peptide sequences, input only for xhelm files|
|GIF image format||*.gif|
|JPG image format||*.jpg||Input only|
|PNG image format||*.png|
|TIFF Bitmap||*.tif||Output only|
|Windows Bitmap||*.bmp, *.dib|