ACD/Labs is seeking a Marketing Communication Specialist with experience in scientific communication and a strong background in life sciences, to support the promotion of ACD/Labs and its technologies. The Marketing Communication Specialist will work closely with subject matter experts throughout the organization to develop and execute marketing and communication strategies that maximize exposure for the company and its products. The ideal candidate should have excellent written communication skills, the ability to comprehend difficult concepts, and the ability to translate them into language suitable for a broad technical audience.
- Develop marketing and communication strategies to provide maximum exposure for the company, aid brand management, and support sales enablement.
- Plan and execute go-to-market strategies for new ACD/Labs solutions and support existing technologies.
- Work with subject matter experts to create and refine messaging and positioning of new and existing products.
- Build a content strategy and create marketing and promotional materials such as brochures, catalogs, flyers, email campaigns, web content, print and web advertising, posters, presentations, videos, surveys, press releases, and media-focused tasks.
- Plan and execute marketing activities for trade shows, symposiums, and events.
- Conduct customer and expert interviews to gather information that informs marketing and marketing communications activities.
- Use analytics and results from prior campaigns to inform future work.
- Travel to trade shows (1-2 per year).
Required Skills & Knowledge
- A postgraduate degree in a scientific discipline (Chemistry, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, or related fields) is required; and experience with scientific informatics technologies is an asset.
- Excellent written communication skills
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing communications, formal education, or demonstrated interest in scientific communication.
- Experience with analytical techniques and instrumentation
- Industry experience in pharma is an asset.
- Ability to comprehend difficult concepts and communicate them clearly to a large technical audience.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, interpersonal skills, and priorities
- Self-directed, goal-oriented, and personally accountable
- Experience drafting corporate communications (internal and external) and content
- Experience developing online content, and familiarity with best practices in writing for search engine optimization.
- Experience with analytics and social media tools within a corporate environment
- Willingness to travel to trade shows and other events.
If you are a self-starter with a passion for scientific communication and a desire to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment, we encourage you to submit your resume for this position. We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals.